Shanghai Expat Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beano

Moving (within Shanghai): need new residence permit?

Question

Hi,

I have just moved within Shanghai (even same district). Apart from the registration at the police office, do I need to do something else with regards to my work and / or residence permit?

4 answers to this question

Just need the police registration and make sure you keep both your old one and new one for when you go to re new the RP , they did questioned me on this last year . I just gave the old Police registration and the end

You definitely need to re-register with the police station that's allocated to your new apartment. It may or may not be the same station as your current one.

But that's all really unless you're changing employers as well.

Thanks, sounds too easy to be true. 

I have some news from my HR in the meantime and she says she needs to inform the authorities, handing them a copy of the new 'temporary residence registration from the police and once again two pictures....

Ah yes, sorry, my bad. Your work permit also has your address in it so I guess that needs amending too. I don’t think I bothered when I last moved, I just updated when I renewed, but I like living in the edge!